The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), in compliance with the provisions of Article IX (b) of the Uniform Bye-Laws of Sections, Institutes and Fora, has setup Steering Committees to administer the affairs of its Section on Legal Practice [SLP]; Section on Public Interest and Development Law [SPIDEL] and Women’s Forum for a maximum period of six (6) weeks and to take steps to organise elections for a new leadership of these Sections and Forum.
The following persons have been appointed as Members of the Steering Committees of the following Sections and Forum:
A. Section on Legal Practice
1. Babajide Koku SAN (Lagos Branch) - Chairman
2. Professor Nathaniel Inegbedion (Benin Branch) - Member
3. Ms. Abimbola Ajileye (Akure Branch) - Member
B. Section on Public Interest and Development Law
1. Professor Chidi Odinkalu (Lagos Branch) - Chairman
2. Nurudeen Ogbara Esq. (Ikorodu Branch) - Member
3. Ms. Idayat Hassan (Abuja Branch) - Member
C. Women’s Forum
1. Mrs. Nella Andem-Rabana SAN (Calabar Branch) - Chairperson
2. Hajiya Laraba Shuaibu (Abuja Branch) - Member
3. Abigail Waya (Lafia Branch) - Member
We congratulate the Members of the above mentioned Committees and urge them to bring their wealth of experience to bear on this new assignment.
Dated this 30th day of July, 2016.
Augustine Alegeh SAN, FCIArb.[UK]
President, Nigerian Bar Association.